Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Introduction

Greetings, Reader. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Nicole, a 24 year-old.... hmmm, can't even decide what would be the best all-encompassing noun there. A few options:
  • Girl with curly brown hair
  • Chicagoan
  • IT consultant/analyst
  • Notre Dame alum
  • Yogi
  • Foodie
  • Fashionista
  • Amateur photographer
  • Peanut butter addict
  • Travel enthusiast
  • Poor softball player


For the purposes of this blog, I'll go with "aspiring baker and entreprenuer." So, let's start again. Hi, I'm Nicole, a 24 year-old aspiring baker and entrepreneuer. Thanks for checking out my blog. Hopefully you find my content so witty and captivating that you come back again, maybe even become a follower, eventually place an order, or offer to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to get my business started.

In a nutshell, this blog will chronicle my journey as I develop my baking business (to learn more, please refer to the "About" and "Philosophy" pages; no one likes redundancy). This is one giant work in progress, so please bear with me: the site may change format, GUI (that's graphical user interface for the less tech-savvy/those that didn't accidentally stumble into an IT job, like myself, out there), layout, etc. Pictures will eventually come. Things may be all rearranged the next time you visit. Hell, the name may even change (although I think I really like Dolce+Decadence), so don't think you're suddenly in the wrong place. I'm banking on you finding my life so intriguing and interesting (a necessary arrogance for bloggers) that you bear through to see these improvements as they happen over time. Let's grow together. I will post at least once weekly, possibly more if I get the itch. I'm looking forward to hearing your commentary, so please be vocal - I want this to be as interactive as possible.

Excited to get started!
Best,
Nicole

P.S. I am looking for taste-tester volunteers for all my menu development. Let me know if you are willing to try some really delicious desserts and provide honest feedback. I know it's a really unattractive, undesirable job, but someone's gotta do it...


No comments: